The Power of Emotions
my healing practice, I see and work with many people who are ruled by
their negative emotions such as sadness that leads to depression, anxiety
and /or fear that create phobias, and low self esteem.
Why does this happen and why is it so difficult to let go of negative emotions?
Believe it or not, deep down in your subconscious mind negative emotions are, in some way, serving to protect your conscious mind from a traumatic or a perceived traumatic event or situation.
Unfortunately, negative emotions often cause more harm than good. When negative emotions are held onto for a long time, adrenal glands are over stimulated and release the “fight or flight” hormones: adrenaline, cortisol and nor epinephrine. These hormones, overtime, cause inflammation in the body, moodiness, depression, anxiety, sleep problems, highs and lows in energy, accelerate aging and wear on the genes, which can result in numerous health problems.
Just imagine the pain and sorrow of going through life with little or no experience of uplifting emotions like love and joy.
Why does this happen?
Perhaps the ability to create a life filled with love and joy was never learned or a traumatic event caused deep feelings of unworthiness. As well, a capacity to love and experience joy can be stunted by feelings of anger, frustration, sadness, hate or fear.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) which is thousands of years old, particular emotions have an affinity with specific organs / areas in the body. So when particular negative emotions are repeatedly held or induced, health problems can develop in associated organs and /or areas of the body because these negative emotions wear on the genes.
Below is a list of negative emotions and their TCM associated organs and areas of the body:
Sadness and Grief - Lung, Large Intestine, Sinuses and Nose.
Hate - Heart, Small Intestine and Tongue.
Worry - Pancreas, Spleen, Stomach, Mouth and Lips.
Anger and Frustration - Liver, Gallbladder and Eyes.
Fear - Kidneys, Bladder and Ears.
Western medicine has come to realize emotions do impact on health. A recent study of people who feel lonely shows that, on average, blood pressure was elevated 14 points. Another study shows a 51% increase in dementia for people who feel lonely. Interestingly, these people did not have the brain deposits of regular Alzheimer patients which seems to indicate an emotional trigger for their dementia. Other documented health problems due to loneliness are weakened immune system, sleep problems, depression, alcoholism and higher levels of perceived stress.
Solutions for Longstanding Negative Emotions
1. Physical Activity – Exercise is a great way to improve your mood. Physical exertion stimulates the release of endorphins which are feel-good hormones that reduce mental and emotional stress.
Mental and emotional stress cause energy in the body to stagnant; it can lead to health problems. Introduce some exercise into your weekly routine to avoid feeling unwell like: walking, hiking, jogging, swimming, bicycling, and team sports.
2. Flower Essences – Discovered by Dr. Edward Bach in the 1930’s. Flower essences work with subtle energy in the body to balance negative emotions and mental thought patterns. Flower essences work very quickly to relieve the stress caused by negative emotions.
To discover the best flower essence(s) for you, talk to a qualified flower essence practitioner.
3. Energy Healing – Many forms of energy healing can clear and resolve negative emotions and mental thought patterns because they penetrate subtle energy bands within the body, where these destructive emotions reside.
I have studied and used a variety of energy healing techniques; I have found Theta Healing to be the best one to clear and replace negative emotions and thoughts with positive ones.
Theta Healing consultations can be held in person or over the phone and are typically an hour long. During a session, the practitioner guides the client through a process where the practitioner uses their intuition to uncover and resolve core issues that feed negative emotions and thought patterns. Once these core issues are cleared and replaced, negative emotions and thoughts disappear, because there is nothing left to sustain them. You can read more about Theta Healing here.
If you would like to find out more about Theta Healing sessions or schedule one, you can do so on the Distance Healing Sessions Page.
P.S. Please Attend our FREE Worldwide Healing Event, coming to your Area via the power of distance healing meditation. This event is FREE to attend.
Using the power of
Energy Healing Intention, we will be working
throughout the entire day focusing energy to all the people who have EVER
worked with us across the globe since we started the
We will be directing healing energy towards the most common problems that we are guided to direct energy at while in this focused state of meditation. Common Issues we will be working on:
- Chronic Pain Conditions
- Chronic Fatigue
- Spiritual Crisis
- Relationship Wounds
- Hopelessness, Sadness
- Abundance Issues
- And more ...
For your part, we would like you to join us on
June 27th at 10:00 AM PST or if
you are on the East Coast, 1:00 PM EST. If you are living outside
of North America, please use this handy time zone conversion tool and make
sure you mark this important time in your calendar:
Time Zone Converter
You will be open to receiving the most healing energy on this date if you join us at this exact time for about 20 minutes.
Join us for 20 minutes at this time using whatever meditative practice you use to find yourself in a state of calm and relaxation. Find a quiet, secluded space for 20 minutes to participate, or go to a city park or an area in nature where you can sit by a tree and breathe in your natural surroundings.
If you don't have experience in meditation, here is a simple step by step process to guide you along:
1. Sit down in a comfortable position, either in a chair or on the ground with a comfortable pillow.
2. Close your eyes and breathe in love to your heart, and then out to the world. Continue to focus on feeling love and bringing it into your heart and then breathing it out.
3. Bring to your mind’s eye, a visualization of the new life circumstance that you wish to experience in your life. As you see it, also affirm the FEELING that would come with it in this present moment. Feel yourself owning this experience in your life. It’s important to affirm the condition in the present moment. For instance, don’t affirm “I wish to get healthier”. Such a statement would just affirm that you do not have health. It is many times more powerful to affirm, “I feel healthy and full of love in my life”.
4. Continue to breathe in and breathe out the resonance of love, (Focused Appreciation) and hold the VISION and FEELING of your new circumstance within, be it health, abundance, stronger relationships or a nurturing environment.
If you have a specific problematic area, put your attention and intention there to guide the healing energy to do its work.
5. At the end of this 20 minute meditation, imagine passing along this same gift to another within this massive group of people that will be joining us all over the world. One of the most powerful affirmations you can give, is to give others what you are affirming to have in your own life. Such an intention re-affirms, energetically that, “I can give this to another, because I in fact have an abundance of it in my own life”.
We will be working with the conditions that we are guided to work on during this focused 20 minute period, and at different points throughout the day. Thousands of people will be receiving this healing intention on June 27, 2010.
For the rest of the day, you should take part in activities that you find nurturing and re-affirm the state that you wish to have in your life. If you wish to have more love in your life, then take time for the rest of the day to be loving and kind to the people you are in contact with. If you wish to be more abundant, take action and help to affirm another’s abundance. Perhaps leave a larger tip to the person serving you a coffee at the local café. As you do, always make sure you hold the feeling of abundance within, a feeling that affirms that you have abundance and are willing to give to another.
Being of service to another is a powerful way to re-affirm that you have the ability to give what you desire.
P.S. , Please forward this event on to friends, family and co-workers who are looking to initiate change in their lives. Have them come by the www.IntuitiveHealthSolutions.com website and subscribe to the newsletter. They will receive a reminder by email shortly before 10:00 AM PST or 1:00 PM EST, on June 27, 2010.
You can use this handy tool to send out this invitation within the various networks you may be a part of or to send out this announcement out by email:
Your Dr. of Energy Healing,
Dr. Adam Fulmore,
Intuitive Health Solutions